Nashville, Tenn. – Today marks the official release of Deeper Shade of Blue’s long-awaited seventh studio album, Twenty. Featuring 12 new recordings, the project celebrates 20 years as a band. The collection captures the memories gathered along the way, by featuring tracks that stay true to the group’s original and unique sound. Fans can download and stream Twenty HERE.
Deeper Shade of Blue consists of members Jason Fraley (mandolin/vocals), Troy Pope (guitar/vocals), Frank Poindexter (dobro/vocals), Scott Burgess (bass/vocals), and Steve Wilson (banjo). They treated fans to the lead single earlier this spring in the form of “Broken Lady.” Written by Larry Gatlin, the song stays true to the group’s traditional defined sound. It showcases the powerful three part harmony vocals of members Troy Pope, Scott Burgess and Jason Fraley, with Scott taking the lead on this one. The current single is the Frank Poindexter / Brink Brinkman co-written anthem “Whether Or Not.” The band recently unveiled the official video for the recording (watch it HERE). Its lyrics alternate between creative weather puns that ultimately tie into the clever title.
The praise has already started rolling in, with the Midwest Record saying that it’s, “Pleasant and pleasing, their comfy sound is a welcome tonic for stressed out times.” Bluegrass Today recently stated that, “If you attend festivals in the southeast you will likely be familiar with their sound, set off by smooth lead and harmony vocals.” Those abilities are on full display on multiple tracks including the must-hear “Blue Was Just A Color” and heartfelt “Promise We Made.”
To keep up with all things Deeper Shade of Blue, check out the band’s official website HERE. While there, fans can find the latest news stories, browse upcoming tour dates and more! Stay tuned for more announcements, as the band looks forward to making it a big year!
Twenty Track Listing:
1. Broken Lady (written by Larry Gatlin)
2. Blue Was Just A Color (written by Troy Pope / Mark Brinkman)
3. Making Plans (written by Johnny Russell / Voni Morrison)
4. Whether Or Not (written by Frank Poindexter / Mark Brinkman)
5. Blue and Broken Hearted (written by Jeff Davis)
6. Jared’s Rag (written by Wyatt Rice)
7. Radio Tears (written by Troy Pope)
8. If You Only Knew (written by Larry Rice)
9. Power In A Moment (written by Steve Wilson)
10. I’m On My Way (written by Jason Fraley)
11. Promise We Made (written by Tommy Simmons)
12. Four Wheel Drive (written by Larry Rice)
# # #